SumProduct with Conditions To Make A Table Failing

rdelcarlo

Hello

I have a pretty solid data set that I need to translate into a table. For some reason, however, making a table using sum product isn't working. I did an example elsewhere in the sheet that proved there's nothing wrong with my formula. So that means there's something wrong with the data?

Feel free to follow the dropbox link below to access the sheet. I have tried 10^6 things so I really don't even know what direction to point you in. I'm sorry this is vague but I'm thinking it's something to do with the type of data - I just don't know what to do?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ykd10wpf1fau2n/Consolidated MAMU data_Redacted.xlsx?dl=0

Thank you for any insight you can give me!

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
Hi,

column L houses some text strings (NA). If you'd need them, you could try

Code:
=SUMPRODUCT(($A$2:$A$30=U$1)*($I$2:$I$30+0=$T2)*(SUBSTITUTE($L$2:$L$30,"NA",0)))

Without "NA's" SUMPRODUCT should deliver attended results.

Regards

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi,

column L houses some text strings (NA). If you'd need them, you could try

Code:
=SUMPRODUCT(($A$2:$A$30=U$1)*($I$2:$I$30+0=$T2)*(SUBSTITUTE($L$2:$L$30,"NA",0)))

Without "NA's" SUMPRODUCT should deliver attended results.

Regards

If this NA is indeed just NA, not #N/A, SumProduct without any special attention can cope with it...

=SUMPRODUCT(($A$2:$A$30=U$1)*($I$2:$I$30+0=$T2),$L$2:$L$30)

if we are wanting to sum L2:L30.

Upvote 0
Thank you - everyones comments were very helpful and it appears that the issue referring to column L mentioning text strings was the issue. I was unaware of the limitations on this formula's syntax. Thank you very much.

Upvote 0
Thank you - everyones comments were very helpful and it appears that the issue referring to column L mentioning text strings was the issue. I was unaware of the limitations on this formula's syntax. Thank you very much.

The comma syntax which is usual for SUMPRODUCT does allow for text in the sum range just like SUM would. The star syntax cannot cope with text for multiplying numbers with text values are bound to return #VALUE !...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuddy_Duddy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back