Superscript left and right parenthesis -- help is appreciated. Thanks!

clout90265

Hiker95- I tried again, and your macro does work. Is there a way to do this without a macro? Simply my formula is ="("&char(185)&")", which shows up as (¹), I need the parenthesis to be in the superscript as well, not standard size. Unfortunately there is not character code for superscript parenthesis analogous to =char(185)?

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.

Rick Rothstein

MrExcel MVP
Office Version
Platform
Windows
Hiker95- I tried again, and your macro does work. Is there a way to do this without a macro? Simply my formula is ="("&char(185)&")", which shows up as (¹), I need the parenthesis to be in the superscript as well, not standard size. Unfortunately there is not character code for superscript parenthesis analogous to =char(185)?
No, you cannot do it with a formula because there is no superscript parentheses characters and all the text produced by a formula must use the same font properties (you can only format characters differently for text constants, not text produced by formulas).

clout90265

No, you cannot do it with a formula because there is no superscript parentheses characters and all the text produced by a formula must use the same font properties (you can only format characters differently for text constants, not text produced by formulas).
Thank you, I will just have to stick with =char(185) and no parenthesis. This resolves the issue.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waseem11

This Week's Hot Topics