Superscript left and right parenthesis -- help is appreciated. Thanks!

clout90265

I know the superscript is =char(185), but I'd like there to be "(" and ")" in the superscript as well...I pulled the below codes from online:
Encodings
HTML Entity (decimal)
HTML Entity (hex)
How to type in Microsoft WindowsAlt +207D
UTF-8 (hex)0xE2 0x81 0xBD (e281bd)
UTF-8 (binary)11100010:10000001:10111101
UTF-16 (hex)0x207D (207d)
UTF-16 (decimal)8,317
UTF-32 (hex)0x0000207D (207d)
UTF-32 (decimal)8,317
C/C++/Java source code"\u207D"
Python source codeu"\u207D"

<thead>
</thead><tbody>
</tbody>

Hiker95- I tried again, and your macro does work. Is there a way to do this without a macro? Simply my formula is ="("&char(185)&")", which shows up as (¹), I need the parenthesis to be in the superscript as well, not standard size. Unfortunately there is not character code for superscript parenthesis analogous to =char(185)?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
Hiker95- I tried again, and your macro does work. Is there a way to do this without a macro? Simply my formula is ="("&char(185)&")", which shows up as (¹), I need the parenthesis to be in the superscript as well, not standard size. Unfortunately there is not character code for superscript parenthesis analogous to =char(185)?
No, you cannot do it with a formula because there is no superscript parentheses characters and all the text produced by a formula must use the same font properties (you can only format characters differently for text constants, not text produced by formulas).

Upvote 0
No, you cannot do it with a formula because there is no superscript parentheses characters and all the text produced by a formula must use the same font properties (you can only format characters differently for text constants, not text produced by formulas).
Thank you, I will just have to stick with =char(185) and no parenthesis. This resolves the issue.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back