Supply Request UserForm to Update Supply Inventory

DKamins

Hello,

I am creating a userform for employees to request office supplies. Their requests creates one database so we can see how many supplies are being used, and which departments have the greatest needs.

I have another database of the supply inventory that I would like to be instantly updated with each supply request so that we can tell in real time when we are low on a particular supply.

I have created the userform for requesting the supplies, and have created an inventory database....I'm just not sure how to link the correct fields from the supply request database to the inventory database cells to be updated....anyone have any ideas for me :)

Thanks,
Del

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
Welcome to the Board!

This kind of thing is much better done with Access. Is that an option?

Upvote 0
Hmmmm, I thought about doing it in Access, but I am sooooo much better at Excel than Access...that said, I will hope someone can help me here, but meanwhile I will take your advice and see what I can do in Access with this project - thanks :)

Del

Upvote 0
Take a look at the Find method in the VBA helpfile. It will help you identify which record is being updated and you can deduct the inventory count.

Feel free to post whatever code you have so far and someone can help you with it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutchie_1

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back