supress displaying of pdf document

Brian F

When I come to this command in my vba routine;

ExecuteExcel4Macro "PRINT(1,,,1,,,,,,,,2,,,TRUE,,FALSE)"

When my default printer is set to print a pdf, it first asks me to save the document as a pdf (that's good) after making the pdf document it then opens the document and shows it to me. I don't want it to open. I want it to save and move on. Is there a way to suppress the document from opening?

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
Is there a setting in your PDF driver which tells it whether to just create the file or create and open it?

Failing that, you could let it open and then kill the Adobe Reader process as soon as it appears.

Upvote 0
Instead of using ExecuteExcel4Macro, you could see Help for the ExportAsFixedFormat method

Upvote 0
This is a process I do 30 times a day, day after day. Anything other than it not opening will continue to be no fun.

BUT.... on your suggestion I went and poked around and found that there WAS a setting that that told the document to open. I unchecked the box and live is good now.

Thanks for the prod in the right direction.

Upvote 0
It turned out there was a setting on Nitro pdf Creator that allowed me to chose to or suppress the document form opening which i was too stupid to look for without some prodding. Thank you for responding to my question. I will research ExportAsFixedFormat so I learn something.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
81jamesacct

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back