switch between excel regional settings while remaining in a workbook

BSALV

Banned user
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2013
  3. 2007
When i use the XL2BB-tool to download data from this site in my workbook in "dutch" regional setting, the formulas remain english and therefore unprocessed.

* Is it possible to change my setting to english, import the XL2BB-data and switch back to dutch ? (= just english setting during 30 seconds !!! )
* Later, to share the results here on the site with that same XL2BB-tool, to do just the same, switch to english and use the XL2BB-tool, because yesterday i saw that conditional format formulas remained in dutch.

Should that even be possible, to make a macro to make that switch forwards and backwards automatically ?
example of such a XL2BB-import, the formulas are kind of strings
Map2
IJKLMNOP
11=IF(F11,$B$1,0)=PRODUCT(G11,$B$2)=SUM(I11,J11)=SUM(C11*$B$3,B11)*$B$4=PRODUCT(G11,$B$5)=SUM(K11,L11,M11)=IF(B11<=$E$4,$F$4,IF(B11<=$E$5,$F$5,IF(B11>=$E$6,$F$6)))#WAARDE!
Blad1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
P11P11=N11-O11

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
In fact whatever the local Excel version the Excel inner engine is still natively in english​
so this is very easy to directly translate any english formula to your local version​
via for example the VBE watch window (Ctrl + G) with a single codeline like ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Formula = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Value2 …​
So to see your dutch formula in english in the VBE watch window : ?ActiveCell.Formula so no necessary to change the Windows Regional settings.​

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i just tried it on a threat here, funny, a simple sum wasn't handled okay and other more complicated formulas okay.
I 'll do a few other test and i'll come back.
Thanks.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpierce

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back