Switchboard Form Popup Display Issue

legalhustler

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
My switchboard form is set up as a Popup, but when I click for instance my Reports or Search form button it still shows on top them. I would like switchboard form to popup but when I click Reports/Search I would like for it go back/return as a tab item. When Report/Search forms are closed then the switchboard should show as a Popup.

When I turn off the switchboard Popup then everything works fine, except when I open my database or close my Report/Search forms my switchboard shows as tab instead of a Popup.

In addition, under Access Options my current database is set to open as Tabbed Documents.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
The obvious question is why is your Switchboard opening as a pop-up?

That's easy - it looks nicer and stands out rather than it taking more width/height of the computer screen which shows alot of white space. I want the switchboard to popup when I start the database but when I click the Reports button the switch continue to remain on top of the Report file or any other file. Ideally, I would like for it show as a tab once I click the Report button, but if I close the Report I would like for it to show as a popup rather than a tab (since nothing is opened).

Upvote 0
Okay, well that is the nature of a *pop-up* Forms period. To get around that... and I'm hoping this will work, you need to put code on the button to close the Switchboard and then on close of the Report to open it back up again. What cant do is change the design of the Form while it's open.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harryls

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back