Switching between sheets - shortcut?

Stringt

I often find myself moving from one sheet in a workbook to another over and over. I wanted a shortcut that moved between the last two sheets selected.

Similar to how Alt+Tab works with windows.

Does anybody know a keyboard shortcut or if not is there a macro that could be added to perosnal.xls that would mean i would aways b able to switch between two sheets quickly.

Cheers

Tim

Hey shg thanks for the brilliant bit of code, it worked great! I really appreciate it. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
Maybe I'm missing the point of all this, but isn't using the sheet name tabs within the same workbook, or using the file name tabs on the task bar for different workbooks just as fast as using a keyboard shortcut?

Upvote 0
Re: Updating code to work with chartsheet

Shg, the code works great for worksheets...but fails for chartsheets. Since there is no sheet object (to reference either worksheet OR a chart sheet) where should the conditional decalaration of the variable go to make this code work for both types of sheets?

BTW, i'm using this code within a personal workbook (code bplaced in thisworkbook of personal workbook) instead of an add-on.

Cheers

Upvote 0
Re: Updating code to work with chartsheet

Shg, the code works great for worksheets...but fails for chartsheets. Since there is no sheet object (to reference either worksheet OR a chart sheet) where should the conditional decalaration of the variable go to make this code work for both types of sheets?

BTW, i'm using this code within a personal workbook (code bplaced in thisworkbook of personal workbook) instead of an add-on.

Cheers

Whoops just figured out how to solve this problem: Just change the variables to "Object" instead of "Worksheet". The code will then work for both chartsheet and worksheet.

Cheers!

Upvote 0
Hey shg thanks for the brilliant bit of code, it worked great! I really appreciate it. <!--?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /--><o:p></o:p>

Thank you all, it worked beautifully on my Excel 2007. :)

And for those who are still confused of this macro versus ctrl+pg up/down, the former will allow you to switch between non-adjacent tabs (eg. sheet 1 and sheet 5) while the latter is for switching between adjacent tabs only (sheet 1 and 2).

Upvote 0
Ah, the benefits of testing ....
Code:
Option Explicit

Public WithEvents app As Application
Dim wksOld          As Worksheet
Dim wksNew          As Worksheet

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
    Set app = Application
    Application.OnKey "%{CAPSLOCK}", ThisWorkbook.Name & "!Thisworkbook.LastSheet"
End Sub

Private Sub app_SheetActivate(ByVal Sh As Object)
    Set wksOld = wksNew
    Set wksNew = Sh
End Sub

Sub LastSheet()
    If Not wksOld Is Nothing Then wksOld.Select
End Sub

Can you please tell me (step by step) how and where should I implanting this kind of code? very frustrated of the lack of knowledge cause, if I understood right, this is not a regular macro to put on a module...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmsotelo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back