syncronize 2 pivot tables with multiselect options

compushmoo

I have two pivot tables with the same report filters. I'd like to select the filters on one and then run a macro to make the same selections on the other. I've been able to do with with a single selection but if I want to select more than one item (2 or more states, for example) for one or more filters, I get nowhere. I haven't found a good solution anywhere for this. Anyone have an idea or can point me in the right direction?

I'm using Excel 2007.
Thanks!

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().

hiker95

Last edited:

compushmoo

hiker95,

Thanks for your response. I can't get into the experts-exchange link (no sub, yet). Does that solution specifically address the multi-select options on the pivot tables? The other link you posted did not seem to do that - just one option at a time. I had seen that one earlier.

hiker95

compushmoo,

I did have an example, but I must have put it in my archives backup.

Try this for other examples:

At the top of the screen, below MrExcel Message Board, click on Search, Advanced Search.

In the Search by Keyword box, enter synchronizing pivot tables, and click on the Search Now button.

There are 8 examples to check thru.

Also, there are a lot of examples if you check/search the web for synchronize pivot tables with multi select options.

Last edited:

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Talicius

This Week's Hot Topics