Syntax Help Defining range when row is variable

SueKi

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I wrote the below code to copy results from a worksheet where I model data, to one for storing the results. It works where I'm copying an individual cell to an individual cell, but when I try to copy of a range of data to another range, I can't find a syntax on the target range that works. The below effort gives me an error, looking for a list separator or ) where I have a colon

VBA Code:
Sub CollectData()
'
'

'

Dim greige As String
Dim TRow As Long

'Hold greige number to find where to paste
greige = Worksheets("Model").Range("B3").Value

'Find what row the greige is on in "Summary Data Run Rates" for pasting
TRow = Application.WorksheetFunction.Match(greige, Worksheets("Summary Data Run Rates").Range("c1:c200"), 0)

'Make sure you dind't forget to add type and notes

Dim answer As Integer
  answer = MsgBox("Did you add item type and notes?", vbQuestion + vbYesNo)

If answer = vbNo Then Exit Sub

'Copy / Paste to bring results to Summary tab

Worksheets("Summary Data Run Rates").Range("BU" & TRow) = Worksheets("Model").Range("H9").Value 'No Std Dev used
Worksheets("Summary Data Run Rates").Range("BV" & TRow) = Worksheets("Model").Range("E10").Value 'Steady Running Looms
Worksheets("Summary Data Run Rates").Range("BW" & TRow) = Worksheets("Model").Range("E11").Value 'Add Flex Looms
Worksheets("Summary Data Run Rates").Range("BX" & TRow) = Worksheets("Model").Range("H10").Value 'Added Weeks Demand
Worksheets("Summary Data Run Rates").Range("BY" & TRow) = Worksheets("Model").Range("H8").Value 'Max Inventory
Worksheets("Summary Data Run Rates").Range("BZ" & TRow) = Worksheets("Model").Range("N7").Value 'Weeks not served
Worksheets("Summary Data Run Rates").Range("CA" & TRow) = Worksheets("Model").Range("N8").Value 'Weeks OT
Worksheets("Summary Data Run Rates").Range("CB" & TRow) = Worksheets("Model").Range("N9").Value 'Shut Down Weeks
Worksheets("Summary Data Run Rates").Range("Cc" & TRow) = Worksheets("Model").Range("N10").Value '#Weeks Flex Looms On
Worksheets("Summary Data Run Rates").Range("CD" & TRow) = Worksheets("Model").Range("N11").Value 'Max Pallets
Worksheets("Summary Data Run Rates").Range("CE" & TRow) = Worksheets("Model").Range("N12").Value 'Average Pallets
Worksheets("Summary Data Run Rates").Range("CF" & TRow) = Worksheets("Model").Range("J1").Value 'Item Type
Worksheets("Summary Data Run Rates").Range("CG" & TRow) = Worksheets("Model").Range("J2").Value 'Note

Application.CutCopyMode = False

'Part 2

Dim TRow2 As Long

'Find what row the greige is on in "Summary Data Run Rates" for pasting
TRow2 = Application.WorksheetFunction.Match(greige, Worksheets("Model Inventory Results").Range("a1:a200"), 0)

Worksheets("Summary Data Run Rates").Range("B" & TRow2:"BA" & TRow2) = Worksheets("Model").Range("D22:BC22").Value     'Need proper syntax on Range("B" & TRow2:"BA" & TRow2)

End Sub

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
Change this:
VBA Code:
Range("B" & TRow2:"BA" & TRow2)
to this:
VBA Code:
Range("B" & TRow2 & ":BA" & TRow2)
(note how the "literal" parts are between quotes and the variables are not).

Upvote 0
Solution
Thanks, Joe4! That works perfectly and I really appreciate the explanation as well. My company has an IT department that thinks we should run the business by exporting out of the expensive ERP system and manipulating in Excel everyday, so I see a lot of VBA in my future and am trying to learn. Thanks!

Upvote 0
You are welcome.
Glad I was able to help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiguekHeka

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back