System Specs

Challseus

Board Regular
Sup all.

I just wanted to know the specs of everyone's computers. My reasoning for this is because I'm currently creating a module using Neverwinter Nights' Aurora engine. There are couple of areas where the game slows down, and it was starting to **** me off, because I want the module to be perfect.

Then I began to think that it might not be a problem, seeing as I have an old computer, and that hopefully, the majority of people have better machines.

Speaking of which, here are my specs on the machine I am currently creating and testing the module on (if I'm missing anything important, let me know):

AMD Athlon 1000 XP
426 M Of Ram
NVIDIA GeForce 2 (64MB)

I would really appreciate if whoever reads this takes a couple of minutes to post their specs. It would really help me with the construction of my mod.

Thank you for your time...

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
I'm not sure what all I've got in the box here, and I don't have the tools to find out, but look at it this way --

How old is your system? In terms of when that stuff was grade-A equipment. Then figure that, every x months y percent of all computers are upgraded. Maybe every 6 months, 5% or whatever.

That might give you a bit of a feel for raw numbers. Regulars here often have a little something extra under the hood, because we use the computer so much we tend to need it. But we may not be representative of the general population.

The video memory may be slowing you down when it comes to a lot of action on the screen using high detail. Have you tried cutting the detail down and running those slow parts. I'm using a 2.4G P4, 512 DDR and GeForce 4 (128 MB)

Oops maybe I should have logged in before i hit post. Oh well no harm no foul.

Anonymous said:
The video memory may be slowing you down when it comes to a lot of action on the screen using high detail. Have you tried cutting the detail down and running those slow parts. I'm using a 2.4G P4, 512 DDR and GeForce 4 (128 MB)

Hmm, that was what my Father said to me. To be honest, I bought that card (NVIDIA GeForce2 64 MB), which wasn't even top of the line, 3 years ago to play a game. So, I have been thinking I should get a new video card, I'm just not sure about which on:)

I would probably spend about $150 on it...

Challseus said:
Hmm, that was what my Father said to me. To be honest, I bought that card (NVIDIA GeForce2 64 MB), which wasn't even top of the line, 3 years ago to play a game. So, I have been thinking I should get a new video card, I'm just not sure about which on:)

I would probably spend about $150 on it...

Considering that the NWN expansion Hordes of the Underdark was putting a strain on my Radeon 9500 bumping your video card is an excellent idea. My suggestion, pick up a mid-range Radeon, preferably a 9600XT, that pretty much has the best bang for the buck you're willing to lay out. Actually, shelling out for a processor upgrade would probably be a good idea too, the 2500+ is dirt cheap these days and overclocks nicely. :)

As for my gaming rig:
AMD 2500+ (running at 3200+ speeds :devilish:)
nVidia 6800
1 GB RAM

Of course for everything else I have thisbeauty ;)

-sam

I'm not much of a gamer so my specs are not that great..

AMD Athlon 1000XP
384 RAM

but I recently treated myself to a new graphics card - GeForce fx5200 with 128Mb - superb for DVDs (which I watch on the PC sometimes).

Should really upgrade the processor...but I have to convince the Finance Committee first...!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tanurai

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back