Tab Control Problem

Robert Allan

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Tab Control Problem

Once again my lack of knowledge pops up on me. Still working on my Finance System Data Entry screen. This form was created right on the worksheet and is not a user form, just cells and 4 control buttons. My problem is that when that when I hit Tab key or the Right- arrow key it goes to the next cell on the right until it hits the far side of the form. And when I hit the Enter key or the Down-arrow key it goes to the next line, which is always a blank every other line. I don’t like that. I want it to jump from entry field to entry field. Any help would be greatly appreciated, even if somebody can suggest some software that would do the trick. I would certainly buy it. Just one more chance for MrExcel to help.
Data Entry Screen_InPixio.jpg

Thinks again for sharing this solution with me, it put me on to a whole host of other things.
By the way, If you can think of anything, I also am trying to figure out how to cause my pull down menus to work when I use the Down-arrow key.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
Could you eliminate the blank lines and secure the same appearance with formatting?
- make row taller
- make alignment middle instead of bottom

T202004a.xlsm
ABCD
2Date
3Source
1b
Thank You! Thank you! Thank you! This lead me to the best solution. I had to go to the main module and change all my line references. But what I did was to simply remove all the blank lines in-between the input fields, and enlarged the row height on the input fields. This solved all of my problems (even the Enter key problem) except the Down arrow key, and I can live with that. Hear is what my Data Entry Form looks like now:
New Data Entry Form1.jpg

Upvote 0
Glad you found a suitable solution Robert.
AND
Glad WE could help..?

Upvote 0
Thank You! Thank you! Thank you! This lead me to the best solution. I had to go to the main module and change all my line references. But what I did was to simply remove all the blank lines in-between the input fields, and enlarged the row height on the input fields. This solved all of my problems (even the Enter key problem) except the Down arrow key, and I can live with that. Hear is what my Data Entry Form looks like now:View attachment 10598
I added borders and now this is what it looks like:
New Data Entry Form2.jpg
New Data Entry Form2.jpg

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arle8907

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back