Tab Key entering tab value into textbox Instead of tabbing to next field

ramulose

I have this strange intermittent problem where the tab key starts putting tabs into the text in the textbox instead of moving the focus to the next field. I can't find a way to reproduce the problem so it has ben very difficult to track down. It seems to have a mind of it's own.

Has anyone else seen this, and even more importantly, does anyone have a fix for it! This is something of a disaster for distributing this app to end users.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

(I am using Windows 7 and Excel 2010)

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
It's in a user form. I have checked all of the TabKeyBehavior setting on each txtbox and they are all set to false. I have now added code in the UserForm_Initiaize sub that runs through each txtbox and sets the TabKeyBehavior value to false just in case the settings from the VBE aren't "sticking" or something (Feels like a longshot to me, but I'll try anything).

Upvote 0
And you have no code assigned to the textbox correct?

Have you tried just building a new Simple Userform with just maybe 4 textboxes and see if the behavior is the same?

Upvote 0
Yes - I have tried making a smaller form with fewer textboxes and have not been able to reproduce the issue.
The problem is that I am running through the userform I am working on for this project a hundered times a day as I'm testing, and sometimes it can happen 3 or 4 times in a day and sometimes it can be a few days between having the problem, so a smaller textbox set that doesn't break doesn't tell me much. I'm sure it's something that's going on with my code, but whether it is a logic error in what I've written or some weird obscure VB bug resulting from some combination of the functions I'm calling is hard to tell. I have been looking at my code for days and haven't been able to figure it out.

I was hoping that maybe someone in the community had run into this issue before and figured out a solution. I found a post from someone on another forum who had exactly the same problem. Lots of people tried to help but it didn't look like anyone solved it. The thread just kind of trailed off in the end. Not sure if the guy figured it out or not.

I'll keep looking. I would love to be able to post the code but it's over 2000 lines and is proprietary to the company I work for. They wouldn't be happy if I set it free into the wild. :eek:)

Upvote 0
Thanks so much for the replies MAIT. I appreciate it very much. I am totally open if you have anything else. Intermittent non-reproducible problems are the worst.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back