tab order

rsrc1147

Board Regular
I am sure that this has been asked before but I can't find it on the pages;

Is it possbile to mkae excel jump to a set cell when someone presses enter? eg, if someone types in a fgure in cell A1, is it possible for them to go straight to, say, C12 when they press enter or tab or whatever? This isn't particularly urgent, it's just really bugging me now. Cheers Ears

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
Howdy rsrc1147, a worksheet_change event is of particular use for this type of operation:

<pre>
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
If Not Intersect(Target, [a1]) Is Nothing Then [c12].Activate
End Sub</pre>

Right-click on your sheet tab, click view code, and paste the above procedure in the now opened worksheet module.

Upvote 0
Errr, actually I hat to say this but it's not doing anything. I have pasted it the code and made sure it says Worksheet Change at the top but nothing is happening when I go back onto the sheet. I hate to sound thick but is there like an 'on' button or something I need to press? Thanks, I am sorry about my ineptness.

Upvote 0
Hello, two things, you must be in the worksheet that you pasted the code in (its module as described above). And the code must look exactly as it does above, inclucding: byval target as range.

This message was edited by NateO on 2002-11-06 19:51

Upvote 0
And it only works for a1 (as written), you can change the [a1] to the range of your choice, e.g., [b10:z100]

This message was edited by NateO on 2002-11-06 19:52

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ajax40

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back