Tab Stop

Dowsey1977

Board Regular
Is there anyway not to have a tab stop on a form.

I've set 'No' in the properties for every control, but it still shows one.

Many thanks,
Simon

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
Hi Simon
Unless I am reading your question wrong, I would have thought Access would need at least one tab stop so that it knows where to place the cursor on opening the form. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
Andrew.

Upvote 0
You are reading the question right, however, I want the form to be a view only form, so the records will actually be updated elsewhere, which is why I don't want the tab stop.

Upvote 0
If you want the user to view the records and not be able to change anything, rather than disabling the tab stops, what you can do is change the "Enabled" property for each item on the form to "No" (or change the "locked" property for each item to "yes" - same effect except the enabled set to no will change the box colour to grey). You can find this under form design, select an item, click view -> properties -> data -> enabled -> no -> repeat for all items on the form (or data -> locked -> yes). The user will be able to see the records but can't change them. Tip : you can set the property for all fields at the same time using a multiple selection.

An alternative method involves setting three properties at the form level : select form -> view -> properties -> data -> set allow edits, allow deletions and allow additions to no. This way is probably easier.

HTH, Andrew. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arle8907

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back