Tabel doesn't copy formula in two rows when expanded

Daugaard92

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello everyone.

I have an Excel-sheet with a table, in which, I weekly insert new data and thereby expand the table.
A minor issue has annoyed me however; I have some prewritten formulas in many of the columns in the table and once I insert new data in empty columns within the table, calculations are automatically made, as the existing formulas are automatically pasted to the expanded rows. But two of my columns, doesn't automatically copy the existing formula to expanded rows.

It's difficult to explain in words, so I've included an image below. Imagine that the cells in the picture below were previously empty. Now, after i insert only "Renegotiation" and "Additional sale" in the cells to the left and thereby expand my table, formulas from the table are automatically pasted and calculated for most of the cells, as a value of "0" is then calculated (This happens when a table expands). But the selected "empy" cell and column, doesn't for some reason automatically paste the existing formula like the other cells, although it is written. - And i cannot understand why this happens?

1611050811592.png

I hope this makes sense and someone knows how I can fix this issue.

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
That's why it's weird, because I have - And it does automatically copy most of the formulas, but it excludes a few and I cannot figure out why.

Upvote 0
That sounds as though the formula in that column is not consistent.

Upvote 0
Solution
That sounds as though the formula in that column is not consistent.

Apparently there must have been a discrepancy somewhere; I copy/pasted the formula in the whole column and now it works flawlessly! Thanks!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ajax40

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back