Table dynamic to PivotTable

Mack23

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I have a current issue with trying to use a table to add two new columns to a pivot table. The pivot table pulls all the needed information, but the order needs to have a discounted column and a discounted total column for new pricing. the discounted column is manually entered and the discounted total column will need to multiply the discount column and the quantity column, which is in the pivot table.

Is there a way to add two columns in table format that update the needed rows with how many rows the pivot tables are using. the pivot table changes length depending on the amount of product the customer is ordering. I have been coming up short on finding any solutions or threads that have addresses this before. I do not think a power query will work in this instance, unless you can manually add data to a column of a power query.

Thank you,
Mack

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
Post your data and the expected result to make things clear.

Upvote 0
Here is a quick pic of the scenario. The pivot on the left changes as the source data is updated with more or less of different products. There are times that a discount price is used but has to be manually inputted per customer, hence the reason for a "discount table" that I am trying to link dynamically to the pivot table as it changes per the source data. I have not been able to get anything to work so far and it doesn't look good that I can actually link a table to the changing size of the pivot table.

1631104872963.png

Upvote 0
Show the source data and the discount table to show how they are related.
Generally speaking, if you have two tables you can add them to the data model and link them. Then you can make a pivot based on the relationship between them.

Upvote 0
I think I know what you mean, but the two discount columns are manually updated after the pivot table is updated (blank until discount prices are inputted to those products in the pivot table at that time). The discount table is more of an add-on after all the source data and pivot table has been updated so I don't think the data model-link method will work. I might be misunderstanding how to do a data model link, but I think that method needs both the source data/pivot table and the discount table updated with needed data before the refresh happens, which is not the case.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterhess2002

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back