Table - Field Date Format

SboothAZ

I have a table named "ledger" with a field called "invoice date". How do I make the field format to dd.mm.yy format? I was setting the format property to d\.m\.yy but this format would not work in a form that I made.

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off

nullZero

Is the date displaying the way you want it to in the table but not the form, or is it not displaying properly in either?

To change the date format in the table go to the table design view and change the format of the field to dd\.mm\.yy

To change the date format in the form go to the control that you wish to change and select the properties to to the format field and enter dd\.mm\.yy

hope that helps,
nZ

sbooth

Board Regular
Tried dd\.mm\.yy

I tried putting dd\.mm\.yy in the format property of the table and form but it still does not work. For example when I type the date "06.12.06" and move to the next control in the form it changes the date to "30.12.1899 6:12:06 AM"...

Any ideas?

nullZero

oh, you're doing data-entry. You need to provide an input mask for your dd.mm.yy format.

nullZero

never mind my last post. I've been googling your issue and everything seems to be coming back to the regional settings in the control panel. It seems like you can display the date any way you like, but as far as data-entry goes your regional settings take precedence. So if your settings call for the US style mm/dd/yy then you cannot enter dd/mm/yy.

Maybe someone else has had more experience with this and can provide a better solution...

nZ

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
citrus