Table - Field Date Format

SboothAZ

I have a table named "ledger" with a field called "invoice date". How do I make the field format to dd.mm.yy format? I was setting the format property to d\.m\.yy but this format would not work in a form that I made.

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
Is the date displaying the way you want it to in the table but not the form, or is it not displaying properly in either?

To change the date format in the table go to the table design view and change the format of the field to dd\.mm\.yy

To change the date format in the form go to the control that you wish to change and select the properties to to the format field and enter dd\.mm\.yy

hope that helps,
nZ

Upvote 0
Tried dd\.mm\.yy

I tried putting dd\.mm\.yy in the format property of the table and form but it still does not work. For example when I type the date "06.12.06" and move to the next control in the form it changes the date to "30.12.1899 6:12:06 AM"...

Any ideas?

Upvote 0
oh, you're doing data-entry. You need to provide an input mask for your dd.mm.yy format.

Upvote 0
never mind my last post. I've been googling your issue and everything seems to be coming back to the regional settings in the control panel. It seems like you can display the date any way you like, but as far as data-entry goes your regional settings take precedence. So if your settings call for the US style mm/dd/yy then you cannot enter dd/mm/yy.

Maybe someone else has had more experience with this and can provide a better solution...

nZ

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rohitsomani

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back