Table not adding formulas with new row addition

JAlbers

Board Regular
Greetings

I have a workbook where daily production data has been keyed for a few years and there are quite a few formulas in it as well. I took prior year data out of the table to bring it to a more manageable size but now when adding a new row it is not populating with the formulas as it should.

Since I was moving the data to year specific worksheets I used the auto filter to get a year's worth of data, copied it out to a new worksheet and deleted the rows in the original. I did that for each of the 4 years I needed to copy out but now the table isn't bringing the formulas down to the new line.

Does anyone have any idea of what I did wrong, how to fix it or do I need to go to my back up and start over?

Thanks!

Jacob

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
Just a shot in the dark... You may want to go into the Name Manager and make sure that your table is correctly defined (Refers To) and that it shows data in the value column.

Upvote 0
Igold

I just went to my backup and started over, the table was defined correctly, but I obviously broke something the first time because when I did it this morning everything seems to be working fine.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Great. I am glad you are up and running with it again. Thanks for the heads-up...

igold

Upvote 0
Tables can lose the AutoComplete functionality, especially if you overwrite a formula cell with a value. There are a few ways around it, first is to reapply the formula in the first row and make sure to extend it manually. Second is to convert the table to a range, then back to a table.

And naturally, make sure you haven't accidentally turned off Automatic calculation for tables.

HTH

Upvote 0
Smitty,

Thanks for the tips, good stuff to know!

igold

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back