Table not automatically extending

SarAExcel

Hi all,
My tabel in excel has stopped automattically extending when I type into a new row.
Previosuly when I entered data into the next row, the table would automattiocally extend down and all the formulas, formatting, validation etc would also extend.
I'm sure this is something simple but I can't seem to fix it.

Thanks in advance!!!

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
Try going to the last cell in the table and tabbing (hit the Tab key) to create new records in the table.

Upvote 0
Go to File --> Options --> Proofing --> AutoCorrect Options...
to the second tab "AutoFormat As you Type"
Make sure the second checkbox "include new rows and columns in table" is checked

Hi all,
My tabel in excel has stopped automattically extending when I type into a new row.
Previosuly when I entered data into the next row, the table would automattiocally extend down and all the formulas, formatting, validation etc would also extend.
I'm sure this is something simple but I can't seem to fix it.

Thanks in advance!!!

Upvote 0
Thanks for your suggestions.
-mfexcel, I checked this and it was already checked
-bshwartz, when I hit tab it works. And now that I've done that it seems to have fixed itself and is auto correcting as soon as I type into the next row (automatically extending the table). Perhaps someone else using the spreadsheet (its shared) clicked on the auto correct (lightning strike icon) that appears & selected "Stop Automatically Expanding Tables". Well I guess at least I know how to fix it if it happens again.

Thanks for your help

Upvote 0
SOS!
I can't work out what is going wrong. Now when I extend the table, some column formulas are automatically extended to the new row but there are other columns also containing formulas & for some reason these are not automatically extending to the new row (even when I hit tab).
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated (I really don't want to have to manually cope the formulas down everytime I add a new row).
Cheers

Upvote 0
you may try input the formula on the 1st row again...

SOS!
I can't work out what is going wrong. Now when I extend the table, some column formulas are automatically extended to the new row but there are other columns also containing formulas & for some reason these are not automatically extending to the new row (even when I hit tab).
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated (I really don't want to have to manually cope the formulas down everytime I add a new row).
Cheers

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back