Table Pulling Hours Per Person, Per Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

FightMilk

Hello! I'm somewhat new to Excel, so I pre-apologize for any ignorance and appreciate your time. I am working on a spreadsheet for a small department where I work to track our time at the company's various locations. I have a setup with a couple of sheets, the first with the information being input, the second with a couple of tables pulling data from the first. I have been trying to get a table working that pulls data on the hours each person in the department spends offsite (away from our main site) during each month. So the data sheet looks something like:
(A) Initials(B) Date(C) Time In(D) Time Out(E) Hours(F) Location
AAA7/16/187:3214:357:00Site#2
BBB7/19/188:4317:248:45Site#4
AAA7/22/187:0115:038:00Site#3

<tbody>
</tbody>

So A:F columns are the persons initials, the date, their time in, their time out, an hours column auto calculated and rounded to 15 minute intervals, and finally the location of the site they were at.

I haven't been able to get a working formula to pull the data for each person, for each month. For example, AAA put in 15 hours offsite in July. I have read countless sites and tried countless formulas. I would greatly appreciate your help on this. The formula I have right now is:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH((Sheet1!$B:$B)=F2)), --(Sheet1!$A:$A="AAA"), Sheet1!$E:$E)

F2 in this is on sheet two and is a cell formatted for the month but is just 1/1/2018 in the cell. The month function in this doesn't seem to be working in this, as it just currently pulls all of the total hours from all months for AAA. Is this a problem with the way I am using the month function? I tried using different already existing cells for the month instead of F2, but that didn't help. Sorry if my mistake is egregious or obvious. Like I've mentioned, I'm fairly new to excel.

Thanks for your time!

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
Duplicate https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel...g-hours-per-person-per-month.html#post5116603

Please do not post the same question multiple times. All clarifications, follow-ups, and bumps should be posted back to the original thread.
Per forum rules, posts of a duplicate nature will be locked or deleted (rule 12 here: Forum Rules).

Note that sometimes posts from new users require Moderator approval before you can see them on the public forums. When this happens, you should see a message to that effect when you try to post it.
Please be patient and do not attempt to post the question again.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
screechyboy79

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back