Table's number of columns needs to expand based on cell value

ExcelAtEverything

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
I know how to record macros and edit them somewhat, however that is the extent of my knowledge with regards to that sort of Excel work. On SHEET, I have 6 stores listed from D5:D10. In another data entry tab (SHEET4!B:B9), I have a list of the current stores. I need to make it so that as I add new stores to additional rows on SHEET4 (B10, B11, B12... etc), my rows on SHEET1 grow (D11, D12, etc).

I'm sure I can enter some code to make this happen, but since I'm not as familiar with that, I'd like to know if there is a way to do it using standard Excel formulas. It's fine if I need to use a macro to do it (after I add a new store into SHEET4, I activate the macro and it pops in the new row on SHEET1, but I'd rather not go the code route if I can avoid it (just so I can stay in my current wheelhouse of knowledge until I have time to really learn and understand that part. That is, unless someone can explain it so simply that I totally get it. Lol

I know for a fact that I had some roundabout way of doing it a few years back, but I simply cannot recall how I did it. I believe I had a formula counting the number of cells in the database table (SHEET4), and I then used that count to somehow make the the table in SHEET1 match that number of rows (including all of the formulas in the rest of the earlier SHEET1 rows.

Can you Excel-lent folks dial me in? Thanks so much for your help.

Attachments

• SHEET1.png
    SHEET1.png
    31.4 KB · Views: 20
  • SHEET4.png
    SHEET4.png
    19.2 KB · Views: 21

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jocksteriom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back