Tables question if i may ask

ipbr21054

Office Version
  1. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,
I am sorting out my tables but i notice i have 3 entries of which are related & need some advice.

My worksheet has the following.
Columns range
AI2:AI236
AJ2:AJ236
AK2:AK236
The colums have headers
AI = COUNTRY
AJ = ITAS
AK = ISF
When i click any header then look top left of screen i see Table name =Table 21

In the Name Manager i see the following.
COUNTRYLIST = =INFO!$AI$2:$AI$236
ITALIST = =INFO!$AJ$2:$AJ$236
ISFLIST = =INFO!$AK$2:$AK$236

Im just clearing things up so its easier for me to understand so if all 3 on the worksheet relate to Table21 can i delete the 3 shown above & replace it with as follows.
ROYALMAIL = =Table21[POSTAGE SHEET]

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
It's hard to say if you need these Named Ranges (COUNTRYLIST, ITALIST, ISFLIST) or not, it depends on if you are referencing them in any manner. On the other hand, the Name Manager says that these reside on the workhseet "INFO". If your Table21 is on the worksheet "INFO" as well, then the Named Ranges are referring to the columns of your table.

As far as this question goes:

Im just clearing things up so its easier for me to understand so if all 3 on the worksheet relate to Table21 can i delete the 3 shown above & replace it with as follows.
ROYALMAIL = =Table21[POSTAGE SHEET]

you have not provided enough information to be able to answer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi,
What this is for is as follows.
In the first column is the country name. Now the second & third column tells me if I am to supply a label ITAS or ISF. One cell will have a tick in it and the other will be empty.

I select the country on my userform then the code looks at the worksheet and return the label name which has the tick in the cell next to country name.
Tomorrow I will look at code on userform to see how it’s been applied.

Upvote 0
Hi,
Looking at my userform each ComboBox has its properties Row Source like example INFO!AP2:AP34

Does this now help you ?
Thanks very much

Upvote 0
I am sorry, I do not have enough information to answer your original question about your named ranges. You might want to try changing the names of the ranges ever so slightly (ie "COUNTRYLIST" to "COUNTRYLIST1) and see if that breaks anything on your sheet. If you are unsure of what you are doing as far as trying clean up, and your workbook is working fine, then I would suggest doing nothing. If you are experiencing problems, then that would be another story.

Upvote 0
Hi,
I was able to edit the name as advised,saved,close then reopened.
I could still use the userform without any errors so thanks for that.

One other question.
I have a selected print are in excel which prints only a section of the page as opposed to all of it.
I see on the name manager a reference to it.
I deleted it & when i then printed a test page the whole page was printed.
I put the info back as it was in name manager & printed the same thing.
This time it printed my selected area.

Is this normal for then it to be placed in the name manager ?

Upvote 0
I may have given you bad information. As I think about it, if you change the name in the Name Manager, it will automatically make the changes in all the references to the Named Range. That was clearly my error, I did not think it through, sorry about that.

Upvote 0
Hi,
So going by what you said originally & after making a change to the name i was still able to use the form no problem.
I noticed it made no difference so i then deleted it in the name manager.
It then still works fine.

So reading your last message if i made the change & it the automatically updated what it need to then by me deleting the item from the name manager and it still works means its taking it info from somewhere else,otherwise i would get an error message etc correct ?

As i dont get this error message so by deleting it was all ok.

Upvote 0
Yes, if you deleted the Named Range that you had just changed the name of, and all still works, you should be fine. Worst case scenario, if all of a sudden you find something is not working, you can recreate the Named Range. You have all the information you would need in you Post #1 of this thread.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benefuexx

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back