Tablet or quick laptop for VBA?

Kibl1

Hello all. I am very new to VBA and have only really dabbled in it a little but i do really enjoy it and would like to start learning more.

Currently my laptop takes 5-10 minutes to turn on and start running efficiently and is a bit bulky and seems to force me to install updates every time i turn it on which requires restarting it.

What i really want is a tablet of some sort that can just turn on instantly almost so i can just quickly practice a bit of VBA when i get a spare 5 minutes.
All i really care about is that it is very quick to turn on, very portable and has good battery life so i don't have to have it on charge whilst using it.

Are there any cheap laptops or tablets that you could suggest for this as i don't want to spend hundreds just to realise a particular tablet can't run VBA or buy a new laptop that is just as slow.

I don't really care about video/ image editing, huge amounts of storage, social media, streaming etc.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
particular tablet can't run VBA
If you want a tablet to run VBA (unless there is something new out that I am not aware of) then you need a surface pro which isn't cheap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattDRT

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back