Take a snapshot image of excel and email in body of outlook

qmann

Board Regular
Okay here's what i need some help with.
I have created a template that when a button is clicked it will send an email to a specific user as an attachment.

What i would like to do is take a snapshot image (cannot just copy cells because there are images that must be included, i guess i could link the objects to a specific cell.) I then would like this to be mailed to a specific recepient but i would like the email to be included in the body, not as an attachment.

What i am doing right now is saving the template when the button is clicked and then sending it to the email recepient, with the .Sendmail command.

Any help with including this in the body of the email would be great.

CURRENT CODE:
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
f = "F:\InOut\Employee In and Out\"
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs f & Format(Now(), "DDMMYYYYHHSS") & Replace(Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(2, 1), " ", "") & ".xls"
ActiveWorkbook.SendMail Recepients:= "email@email.com"
End Sub

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
Re: Take a snapshot image of excel and email in body of outl

wow extremely complex... anyone else with any ideas... i may just keep it as an attachment.

Upvote 0
Okay here's what i need some help with.
I have created a template that when a button is clicked it will send an email to a specific user as an attachment.

What i would like to do is take a snapshot image (cannot just copy cells because there are images that must be included, i guess i could link the objects to a specific cell.) I then would like this to be mailed to a specific recepient but i would like the email to be included in the body, not as an attachment.

What i am doing right now is saving the template when the button is clicked and then sending it to the email recepient, with the .Sendmail command.

Any help with including this in the body of the email would be great.

CURRENT CODE:
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
f = "F:\InOut\Employee In and Out\"
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs f & Format(Now(), "DDMMYYYYHHSS") & Replace(Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(2, 1), " ", "") & ".xls"
ActiveWorkbook.SendMail Recepients:= "email@email.com"
End Sub
i have a related question. i also have an excel form. when submit button is pressed, the file is saved and attached to a draft email with my email address already filled in, plus the subject line. however the email is always opened in outlook express or ms outook. what i want is that it should first ask the user which mail service is to be used for sending the email e.g. user may have gmail, yahoo mail, hotmail etc i.e. web based emails and not the outlook etc.

thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluedbw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back