Take out the zeros in my chart

holy_eti

Hello everyone,

In my excel, I have some charts that have zeros in their values range. I would like to "hide" those datas. I've tried two methods but none works. First of all, go on my chart option, in design/select data/ hidden and empty cells / select either gaps or zeros. My zeros values still are in the Chart. In second, I tried to do an IF formula where when my value is zeros, it doesnt appear in my column so my chart would not take car of it. Sadly, it doesnt work and my chart still takes care of it...
Does anybody have a better Idea?
Thankss

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
Try using an IF formula, but instead of setting the value to 0 or "", set it to NA()

e.g. =IF(A2=0,NA(),A2) copied down and use that new column as the data source for your chart.

Upvote 0
Yes, I accidently wrote it in my native language thinking I was on a French server, that was my mistake and I apologize for that..

Upvote 0
I'm assuming you have a line graph.

If that's the case, you have three options:
Option 1: a 0 or a ="" formula will plot as a 0 value
Option 2: a purely blank cell (i.e. no formula) will not plot. Instead, you'll get a break in the chart.
Option 3: an #N/A value will draw a straight line to connect the points on either side, essentially pretending that data point does not exist.

Upvote 0
I do have a line graph. First two options are not working for me, I'll try the third one, thank you for your help!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back