Taking Raw data and breaking it up every 7 columns to create a new list?

tonywatsonhelp

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
  3. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi Everyone,

Ok so I have an interesting one for you all, hope you can help

I have Raw data in my "RAW DATA" tab
I want to move it to "EDit Data" tab

The data is a set of answer given buy lots of people about our company's different departments. not every question get answered.

There are upto 12 Departments the questions can cover but sometimes its only 4 or 5 other times 8 or 9 or 12 (Basically can be any number 1-12 but will always be at least 1)
However there is an easy way to know what the number will be, so bear with me while I try explain.

in sheet "Set Up" I have C5 = Report Name
The C7 = Question set 1 name
C8 = Question Set2
and so one down to Question Set 12,

now There will only be a name in Column C for the number of sets there are so if we count C7 down we will get the number of question for this week.

So I appreciate that's a bit mixed up heres what I am trying to get a macro to do for me:

Got to Sheet "Set UP" and get The name of Question one, this is held in Cells C7:E7 and will be place in front of each row for the first lot of data copied over.

So Sheet "Raw Data" you need to use Column A to find last row, But Copy from C3:J and Last row, now C3:J need to be pasted into Edit Data From D2

then I need to add in the ""Sheet "Set UP" and get The name of Question one, this is held in Cells C7:E7" to each row in Column A2 to C and last row

then start at K do the same thing under question one and keep doing it until all the questions that have names are copied over.

I hope this is clear.

quick summary

combine data from Raw Data and Set Up into Edit Data tab,
each question is 7Coulmns wide and need to be copied under each ether so I end up with all questions in one set of columns to identify the questions I have details in set up page start at C7:e7 for question one and goiung down these will only be filled out if a question has been asked so if there are only 4 rows with names in only 4 time do you copy and paste data.

Please help

Tony

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cybersurfer5000

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back