Tally adjusted based on N/A responses

richardrns

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. MacOS
Hello All,

Disclaimer, my Excel skills are a bit limited, but I do need help creating a formula. I am trying to tweak a QA scorecard. Each line item has been given a designated weighting. For example, the first line item is worth 2 marks. To achieve these 2 marks, a rep needs to do two things correctly. However, each of these two things can be scored Yes, No, or N/A. I would like to know if it is possible to create a formula whereby the cell for the designated weighting will only lower based on how many N/A's are counted in the two subsequent cells. So if cell A1 = 2 (designated weight), cell B1 = Yes, and cell C1= N/A, then I would like to know what formula can be used so that cell A1 reduces from 2 to 1, as a result of the N/A in cell C1. Hope this makes sense!

Any help that can be offered is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
Sorry you can't change the value of an other cell. You have to use a second column for calculate the real weight,

Upvote 0
First of all, may I assume that the N/A is an error and needs to be corrected.

What is the formula in C1 if there is one? If it is not an error then it's not good practice to use N/A as meaning 'Not Applicable.'

You can get it to work if the Weight in A1 is a result of a formula. Is this or could this be the case?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shantanu2024

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back