Taxi Meter dollars to miles driven per trip

Ralphnet

poor wallace, barry houdini both formulas work when I add at 2.20 intervels but not 6.90 which should be 2.5 miles. The meter only reads in .20 increments. The formula has to work on any amount of money entered with .20 increments over the start point of 1.60. I think I may loose my mind soon Ralph

Meter
Dist. Lift Tck. Cash TOTAL

24.60 1.1E+01 24.60
45.00 1.1E+01 45.00

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
Ralph,

The formula worked for me with a $6.90 fare (though I'm curious to know how the fare got to be 6.90 as you start off with 1.60 and add .20 for each additional 1/11th of a mile). As for your other question, format your cells to number or general and you shouldn't have that issue...

HTH

Upvote 0
poorwallace

poorwallace said:
Ralph,

The formula worked for me with a $6.90 fare (though I'm curious to know how the fare got to be 6.90 as you start off with 1.60 and add .20 for each additional 1/11th of a mile). As for your other question, format your cells to number or general and you shouldn't have that issue...

HTH
Thats works great with the cells formulated, but when I fill an entire column with the formula If the meter amount is not yet filled in is there a way to make it not show in the distance cell, They show 0.1 If possible I would like them blank until a meter figuere is entered. Other people may have to make entries to the sheet. Ralph

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back