Teaching an Excel course

D_Holmes

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All,

I was tasked to create a beginner's excel course for the HR department at my job. However, I haven't the slightest clue where to start. Does anyone have any powerpoints, sample excel docs, or other training materials I could use as reference for this class.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thank you!

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
There is so much to Excel, It really is dependent on what they are going to be use it for. You will want to be specific to teaching them things that they will be doing in their jobs.

That being said, there are TONS of Excel tutorials and videos out there that you can find with a simple Google search. There are many good vidoes on YouTube.
I would recommend checking some of these out, and try to find some that "fit the bill" for your situation.

Upvote 0
i was asked to do this for the senior managers and workshops in the 90's using a few of our placement students.

You really need to know why you have been asked to put a course together , talk to whoever set this up , why has it been requested, the audience, and their current skill level.
What is it they want to achieve, what are the expectations , goals of the person who set it up

is there a specific way excel is used within HR , perhaps going and look at some of the existing HR excel sheets, what they use it for.
HR may have names, joining date, salary, department in, managers , payrise date , and may use to control headcount number, pay reviews , type of stuff
Budgets

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spamiki

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back