Tearing my hair out all night with this spreadsheet...HELP Me Pls....

rippedit123

Hi everyone,

I've started off a little project since Friday to create a spread-bet spreadsheet and mostly it seems to be almost there, but there are a few major formulas that I can't get my head around and would much appreciate it if someone could please help me with this.

Here is what the spreadsheet currently looks like (Ignore the colours which have been set using conditional formatting:-

As you can see from above, there is a problem with:-

1. Cells under I. If the market has gone in my favour i.e. I chose SELL and market goes SELL and VICE versa, then that should be a WIN. But my profit for Asset Germ 30 is showing as a loss of -£20.20 in cell I6....this should show as £20.20 automatically. Also as you can see, cell E3 shows -130 points, and because the market went opposite direction, this is showing correctly as a loss in cell J, however cell I2 is showing blank, when it should be showing a loss of £13.

2. Cells under J. Currently it shows a loss even if I've got a break-even. FYI, I want to show the following text dependant on choices between cells under G, H & E: "WIN", "LOSS","BREAK-EVEN" or "N/A". So for example:-
a)If cell G & H have equal text then this is a "WIN",
b)otherwise it's a "sell"...
c)If cells G & H are blank then it should say "N/A"
d)However, if Cell E (Pips Moved) is Zero, then show "Break-Even".

I hope I have explained myself as best as possible, but to help you further, please find the formulas I used (Apologies as they may/may not be correct):-

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arle8907

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back