Index
Book2
ABCDEF
1NameAddressPhone1Phone2MobileEmailAddress
Data

I have the data in the Data sheet.

I have made 26 sheets starting A to Z

I have made a Index sheet

I want that upon entering the data in the Data Sheet is is autmatically copied in the Corresponding Letter specified Sheet.

Regards

Mian Mazher

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
& what, given your problem, have you attempted so far in a effort to arrive at a solution, other than asking someone to build your application for you?

Upvote 0
Dear Sir PaddyD

I have no idea How to do that Thats why I am asking

help needed

Regards

Mian Mazher

Upvote 0
"I have no idea..."

In which case, you'd probably be best served by doing some research first - there is little point being given a solution, the complexity of which renders it beyond your ability to maintain.

It might also pay to reconsider your design. For example, what is the purpose of the a to z list on the index sheet? Perhaps you'd be best off using a userform to enter the data - in which case, see the userform training file here:

http://www.theofficeexperts.com/downloads.htm

for some examples. Then, once you've got your userform set up, you need to work out how to get records added to the bottom of the appropriate lists. The 'bottom' bit will be straightforward (hint - search for excel.up on the board), then all you'd need help with is how to identify which sheet you need.

All of a sudden you'd know a lot more than you did at the start of the process, would have had to thought about the design of your solution & would have been able to ask self-contained questions about specific problems...

Upvote 0
Hi Forum Members Pl zhelp me in making the telephone Directory As me new to VBA

so plz mail me the sample of the Telephone Directory

Regards

Mian Mazher

Upvote 0
Dear MR TheBuGz

I have searched a lot and done through ur thread also but Couldnt find anything related to Mine

Thats why I posted a new Thread.

Excel Forums Help Needed

Regards

Mian Mazher

Upvote 0
I'll start this off with a few questions.

1. How many names are you likely to have?
2. Why Excel when Outlook or Outlook Express have Address books already, you seem to be reinventing something that works pretty well now?
3. What is the purpose of the index sheet? Are you planning on hyperlinking from each letter to the associated sheet? If so, have you done this part yet?
4. I see your data sheet but what do you want each "letter" sheet to look like? The same or in a different format?
5. Do you want new names added to the bottom of the "letter" sheet or sorted alphabetically?
6. Do you want to enter data on the data sheet and then automatically have it moved to the correct sheet? If so, can there be a button to file the data on the correct sheet? If not, you will probably need some messy code if you don't enter the data in a very specific order?

Answer all these questions in as much detail with examples where appropriate and we may be able to start putting this together.

Upvote 0
Thanx Seti Bro

Answer No1
I have data in Excel which contains about 1000 records

Answer No.2
I am not re-inventing the wheel I have my Data in Excel thats what I want to Alphabetize and sort it in the Excel

Answer No3
Yes I have done this part but I want it in a different way I want if the shhet has a entries in it then its hyperlinks appaer in th eIndex Sheet for Example It there are no names in the A sheet then in the Index Shhet A should not Appear

Answer No4
The letter sheet is in the same format as the Data Sheet

Answer No5
I want the names to be sorted automatically in each Alphabet Shett

Answer No6
I will enter the data in the Dta sheet and want to move it automatically to the Correct Alphabet Sheet

Hope this will help

Regards

Mian Mazher

Upvote 0
Heya Mian,

To follow on what Seti posted, I'd seriously consider using Outlook. You can easily Import your existing data from Excel and it's already set up to do everything that you're asking.

Smitty

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrPJ_Harper

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back