Template propmpts for Smart Card

Tore

Last year I modified a template used for calculating project costs for a government agency. The agency was running Excel 2003 at the time, and the file format was .xlt. Some time ago they migrated over to Exel 2007, and the same template that worked fine under 2003 is now misbehaving by prompting for a "smart card". The smart card is prompted for both in .xlt- and .xlsm formats. We have tested dummy templates in all formats, with and without stored macros, and they all work fine.

So, my question is, what strange properties of the particular template might prompt the request for a smart card?

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
Welcome to the Board.

I imagine that it's some sort of security that the government agency has added to the workbook (although I don't know how that would be done). I would get in touch with them.

Upvote 0
Re: Template prompts for Smart Card

Sorry, I forgot to say that the template works fine in my own environment, it only acts up when the customer installs it in his own environment and tries to use ut.

Upvote 0

How are you distributing the workbook to the customer? Do you have a smart card? What is the exact text of the smart card prompt?

Upvote 0

No, neither I nor the customer have (consciously) implemented any smart card technology, that is the culprit here. Apparently, I can't publish a screen shot of the prompt, but the text of the dialog reads as follows: "Please insert a smart card."

Upvote 0
No, but we tested with dummy templates containing macros, and that worked just fine.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcus05

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back