Template Wizard with Data-Tracking for 2003

FrankTD

From 2002, I just upgraded to excel 2003 to my surprise the template wizard with data tracking is nowhere to find. Does anyone know if this add-in is available for Office 2003? It is kind of necessary for the small database I have in Excel.

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
Frank it would appear as though this is not on for 2003 ... no download available from Microsoft - however you could download the 2002 version from MS and then change the installation location to

program files\microsoft office\OFFICE11\Library

as opposed to previous version Office10\library.

2003 is version 11.

Alternatively you could use a VBA alternative to the template wizard - I did some stuff on this yonks ago here - try a search for template with lasw10 as author.

Upvote 0
Thanks lasw10 for your reply. I downloaded the 2002 file then installed it (by following the instruction for 2002) but it did not work. Can you teach me on how to do the installation relocation for 2003 library.

In the meantime I will try to search for your vba project. However, I am not familiar with VBA so I prefer the first procedure. I will appreciate any help. Thanks again. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
what file(s) do you get when you download them? do you just get an .xla file or more?

Upvote 0
I downloaded the "tmplwiz" which contains 344 KB. When installed, I saw automatic installation of files "xla and dll". I tried to locate th files but failed to locate.

Upvote 0
For you out there waiting for an answer here is what I found over the net. I haven't tried it though. I copied the verbatim from and thanks to Kevin.

"I went to a computer that has OfficeXP and copied the template wizard file called "WZTEMPLT.XLA" from that computer's C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\Library folder onto a disk or to a network drive. Then I just pasted that file into my C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Library. Then start up Excel and Choose the Tools > Addins> and the Template Wizard will be available as an addin to you."

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VanGirl

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back