Templates Bank Recon,Ck Register,A/Payable

J1406

Am keeping records for a very small company with only a few transactions, max quantity of monthly pmts (around 15). Most software I've researched is too intricate for this company. Owner has two 18-wheelers and does contract service for major carrier, the carrier records the major expenses involved in transporting & deducts the $ amounts when paying the owner, however the owner pays out right other expenses. Does anyone know of some templates that can be used? Ideal would be a check register where one can post the expense at time a check is manually written, a Bank reconciliation, & Accounts Payable to quickly be able to see what & when needs to
be paid & outstanding balance due. Even if you only know of one template, that would be handy. There is no need for Purchase Orders,Inventory,expense reports. My first choice would be on Excel, but Access is ok.
I'll hold my breath on this but maybe someone will be able to help. Of course, it also be cool if templates can help in producing reports, however, I'd be grateful just to get the basics. I've searched & searched & am frustrated, Quick Books, Quicken, etc. is way too much & not flexible,
You Excel Geeks are awsome, so informative, I sure am learning a lot just reviewing the daily answers on this board. (wish I had known about it sooner!)
This message was edited by J1406 on 2002-10-24 01:22

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
L have some templates that you might be able to use. E-mail me and I will send examples

Upvote 0
G'day J,

Can I call you J for short?

You have probably reached a stage where most of us have crossed at some point. You have realised the limitations, complications, inflexability and expense involved with dedicated software packages. At the same time are becoming very aware of the power of Excel to do exactly what you want but aren't 100% sure as to the track to take to put it together.

My suggestion is to have a crack at writing your own as it will eventually do exactly what you know that it will need to do.

Don't worry if it seems daunting. Put in the things you can do and come back regularly to this forum each time you trip up or need assistance.

It won't take long before you can amaze others (and yourself) at what can be done.

Regards,

DBA

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharmarick

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back