Tender Database

franterangi

Hi All

Im new to the world of advanced Excel so I think I have kind of bit of more than I can chew. Never the less I'm a driven person hence why I haven't thrown in the towel on this project. I have tried multiple codes and viewed tutorials but im struggling to grasp the excel language.

At the moment I am in the middle of creating a tender database where my Manager will be able to view Tenders, Enter New Tenders, Add potential suppliers, Add other potential products and view upcoming tenders for renewal.

I've created a homepage and added 5 Command Buttons each relates to view Tenders, Enter New Tenders, Add potential suppliers, Add other potential products and view upcoming tenders for renewal.

I've been working on this DB for a few weeks and I am struggling to a write a code where to make these Text boxes, combo boxes, userforms work how I want them to work. Because I have 5 spread sheets I needed to find a way to make each tender unique and so I figured a TenderID code which will automate every time a New Tender is added to the database would be the link between each worksheet.

Each CB opens userforms where they all have multiple Text boxes and combo boxes.

Example:
View Tenders - this is will be a view only user form. The Tender info will be called up by entering the TenderID and clicking on the Command Button (Click to View Tender).

Userform Name: Tender Info
Text boxes: 17 and 1 Combo box - the info will be held in worksheet 3 (Tenders). The worksheet will contain 19 columns where 2 columns will be listed in one text box.
Text Boxes: 2 - the info will be held in worksheet 4 & 5 (Add potential suppliers and Add other potential products ) each worksheet containing 7 columns. The issue I have with this is that there will be more than one supplier, contact and email and more than one Product ID and description per tender.

Command Button: 2 (Click to view Tender & Close Tender Info

I also would like to add one more feature and that is a PDF attachment which is shown on the userform when the info is called up and can be opened.

I would use Access but I'm not authorize to use it so Access is unavailable to me.

I would be grateful if someone can give me some advice.

Much appreciated
Fran

P.S im working in 2010 excel.

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterhess2002

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back