Text function issue

Mchllwoods

I'm making a grocery list in Excel. One sheet has my list then next sheet has a listing of my local grocery stores with items, prices and weight.

I want to search thru the items against what's in my grocery list for the lowest price.

I only have Microsoft Excel 2010. I'm trying to use MIN and SEARCH functions within the SUMIFS function. They r not working. I'm also trying to use AGGREGATE instead of SUMIFS but that's not working either.

What am I doing wrong?

mikerickson

MrExcel MVP
Is your goal
"This is my list. I am going to buy everything from one store. Which store?"
or
"This is my list. I am going to go to many stores. Which items am I going to buy from which store?"

Mchllwoods

I can't send a screenshot. Info too large. If u have OneDrive or GoogleDrive I might be able 2 send a sample that way. This is my first time using Mr. Excel so I'm not too familiar w/ it.

DanteAmor

Office Version
Platform
Windows
You could upload a copy of your file to a free site such as www.box.com or www.dropbox.com. Once you do that, mark it for 'Sharing' and you will be given a link to the file that you can post here. If the workbook contains confidential information, you could replace it with generic data.

DanteAmor

Office Version
Platform
Windows
Try this Array formula in sheet List, cell G4

Sheet List

CellArray Formula
G4{=IF(IFERROR(BUSCARV("*"&A4&"*",storesTbl[Item],1,0),0)=0,0,SUMPRODUCT(MIN(IFERROR(IFERROR(SEARCH(A4,storesTbl[Item]),0)/IFERROR(SEARCH(A4,storesTbl[Item]),0),99999999)*(storesTbl[Price]))))}

<tbody>
</tbody>

Entered with Ctrl+Shift+Enter. If entered correctly, Excel will surround with curly braces {}.
Note: Do not try and enter the {} manually yourself

<tbody>
</tbody>

Copy the formula down.

Mchllwoods

where did the BUSCARV function come from cause basic Excel doesn't have it??? Is that a macro? I don't know macros well enough 2 use them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xlWatcher

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics