Text function issue

Mchllwoods

I'm making a grocery list in Excel. One sheet has my list then next sheet has a listing of my local grocery stores with items, prices and weight.

I want to search thru the items against what's in my grocery list for the lowest price.

I only have Microsoft Excel 2010. I'm trying to use MIN and SEARCH functions within the SUMIFS function. They r not working. I'm also trying to use AGGREGATE instead of SUMIFS but that's not working either.

What am I doing wrong?

Sorry, I did'nt translate that formula

Try this:

CellArray Formula
G4{=IF(IFERROR(VLOOKUP("*"&A4&"*",storesTbl[Item],1,0),0)=0,0,SUMPRODUCT(MIN(IFERROR(IFERROR(SEARCH(A4,storesTbl[Item]),0)/IFERROR(SEARCH(A4,storesTbl[Item]),0),99999999)*(storesTbl[Price]))))}

<tbody>
</tbody>

Remember it is an array formula to accept you must press Shift + Control + Enter

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
It happens when you have a value = 0, then the minimum is 0.
Use the following Array formula:

{=SI(SI.ERROR(BUSCARV("*"&A4&"*",storesTbl[Item],1,0),0)=0,0,SUMAPRODUCTO(MIN(SI.ERROR(SI.ERROR(HALLAR(A4,storesTbl[Item]),0)/SI.ERROR(HALLAR(A4,storesTbl[Item]),0),99999999)*(SI(storesTbl[Price]=0,9999999,storesTbl[Price])))))}

Upvote 0
Thx for your help but the code is kinda long. It did help me make a simpler formula. The formula below works but it doesn't work w/ the store column in the list sheet. When I match up what the INDEX function says compared to the location in the Item column in storesTbl. The name doesn't match up. If u can give me an alternative I would really appreciate it.

{=MIN(IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("*"&A4&"*",storesTbl[Item])),storesTbl[Price]))}

Upvote 0
It happens when you have a value = 0, then the minimum is 0.
Use the following Array formula:

I'm sorry, I forgot to translate

{=IF(IFERROR(VLOOKUP("*"&A4&"*",storesTbl[Item],1,0),0)=0,0,SUMPRODUCT(MIN(IFERROR(IFERROR(SEARCH(A4,storesTbl[Item]),0)/IFERROR(SEARCH(A4,storesTbl[Item]),0),99999999)*(IF(storesTbl[Price]=0,9999999,storesTbl[Price])))))}

Upvote 0
I'm sorry about the big formulas

=IFERROR(INDEX(storesTbl[Store],MAX(IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("*"&A4&"*",storesTbl[Item])), IF( storesTbl[Price] = MIN(IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("*"&A4&"*",storesTbl[Item])),storesTbl[Price])), ROW(storesTbl[Item]))))-3),"")

Upvote 0
Thx for your help but the code is kinda long. It did help me make a simpler formula. The formula below works but it doesn't work w/ the store column in the list sheet. When I match up what the INDEX function says compared to the location in the Item column in storesTbl. The name doesn't match up. If u can give me an alternative I would really appreciate it.

{=MIN(IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("*"&A4&"*",storesTbl[Item])),storesTbl[Price]))}

Try this:

=IFERROR(INDEX(storesTbl[Store],MAX(IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("*"&A4&"*",storesTbl[Item])), IF( storesTbl[Price] = G4, ROW(storesTbl[Item]))))-3),"")

Upvote 0
Sorry, my excel version does not have the Agrggate function, let's hope a moderator can intervene.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moonlight6

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back