Text not wrapping, wrap and autofit both on

caroleary

My coworker has a large spreadsheet she updates monthly. One column has text description that doesn't quite wrap-- but only a letter or so will overlap into the next cell.
There is plenty of room in the last line in the cell for the text to fit into, it just doesn't wrap where it should.
Now, if she prints an old spreadsheet saved from months ago, that wraps fine. If she prints her current spreadsheet to a different printer, again, it wraps fine. But she needs it to be on ledger size paper and in color, which limits her to the HP Laserjet 5500, and on that printer the new one doesn't wrap correctly. (Remember it does print her old spreadsheet fine).
What is that!!!
She has autofit on, wrap text is on, and there is room for the text to wrap and push into the last line of text in the cell.

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).

caroleary

Okay, I solved it. I don't know why the old one prints correctly, but I do know the new one prints just fine to a PCL driver vs. the PS driver she was using. It was probably changed somewhere along the way and since then she's had the problem.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arias610

This Week's Hot Topics

• Timer in VBA - Stop, Start, Pause and Reset
    [CODE=vba][/CODE] Option Explicit Dim CmdStop As Boolean Dim Paused As Boolean Dim Start Dim TimerValue As Date Dim pausedTime As Date Sub...
  • how to updates multiple rows in muliselect listbox
    Hello everyone. I need help with below code. code is only chaning 1st row in mulitiselect list box. i know issue with code...
  • Delete Row from Table
    I am trying to delete a row from a table using VBA using a named range to find what I need to delete. My Range is finding the right cell. In the...
  • Assigning to a variable
    I have a for each block where I want to assign the value in column 5 of the found row to the variable Serv. [CODE=vba] For Each ws In...
  • Way to verify information
    Hi All, I don't know what to call this formula, and therefore can't search. I have a spreadsheet with information I want to reference...
  • Active Cell Address – Inactive Sheet
    How to use VBA to get the cell address of the active cell in an inactive worksheet and then place that cell address in a location on the current...