Text pplit after special character using dynamic array

Tashat

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All

I am looking for a formula which allows me to split a text string after the colon character ":" and return the RIGHT most characters (excluding the space after ":"). However, this is based on text from a dynamic array column which could grow / shrink in length and therefore, I want my formula to extract the word after the ":" to also be dynamic so it grows/shrinks in length dependent on column B.

I've used a fruit example to below to illustrate (obviously the real data is much longer and not fruit and veggies). I want a formula for Cell B2 which extracts just the fruit after the ":" from column A. The first two entries in A2:A3 don't have a ":" and I would like them to show as blank or "Blank". I've tried researching this myself and I found FILTERXML etc, but I couldn't get this to work. Any help, as always, would be much appreciated.

Book1
ABCDEFGH
1Stacked Column - dynamic arraySplit Text (but need this as a dynamic array if something is added below A14
2*Individual Entry
3All Fruits and Veg
4All: BerriesBerries
5All: Root VegRoot Veg
6All: CitrusCitrus
7All: ApplesApples
8All: BananasBananas
9All: PearsPears
10All: StrawberriesStrawberries
11All: BlueberriesBlueberries
12All: PotatoesPotatoes
13All: CarrotsCarrots
14All: SwedeSwede
Sheet1

For your awareness the formula in cell A2 allows me to stack results from three other columns and is as follows (in the real data this is actually in cell I2 though, but I couldn't copy over my whole spreadsheet):

Excel Formula:
=LET(range1,H2#,range2,DataValFruitSort,range3,B2#,rows1,ROWS(range1),rows2,ROWS(range2),rows3,ROWS(range3),cols1,COLUMNS(range1),rowindex,SEQUENCE(rows1+rows2+rows3),colindex,SEQUENCE(1,cols1),IF(rowindex<=rows1,INDEX(range1,rowindex,colindex),IF(rowindex<=(rows1+rows2),INDEX(range2,rowindex-rows1,colindex),INDEX(range3,rowindex-(rows1+rows2),colindex))))

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
Hi, you could try:

Excel Formula:
=MID(A2#,FIND(":",A2#&":")+2,LEN(A2#))

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back