Text predictive auto-fill across multiple Sheet tabs on a document

gkitf16

Hello, when entering repetitive text such as category names, I need the auto-recognition feature to work across multiple Sheet tabs. This is where you start typing the text it into a new cell and it predictively pre-fills it in for you, giving you the chance to press Enter instead of fully retyping the text. However, I haven't found a way to make it work across multiple Sheet tabs in a single Excel 2000 document. Correct me if I'm wrong, by Sheet tabs I'm referring to the bottom left of an Excel 2000 document.

I've set up a 12 Sheet tabbed spreadsheet, each Sheet tab being used as a checkbook register for a different month of the year. I enter my debit and credits, and along each row I enter a descriptive category name for type of purchase, vendor etc. I want to keep these categories the same across the different Sheets for every month, but can't always remember them from the last Sheet, and I'm always having to flip back to the last Sheet to look at exactly what I called that type of purchase last time.

Hope I didn't sound too jumbled there! I'd also like to learn how to do a summary or budget analysis kind of comparison chart annually.

Any ideas? I'm all ears, thanks!

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
I think you will need to use a drop down list referred to as a Data Validation list. In Sheet1 beginning in cell A1 create a list of values. Name that list. Book_List_Sheet1_A1

Then in your Sheet2 select Column “B” choose Data Validation from the Data Ribbon choose List, in Source put =Book_List_Sheet1_A1
After testing this modify the names and references if you wish.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back