Text recognition to Sum Conversion for altering sum ammount

Cerbervs

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
  3. Web
Hi there, I'm new to the forum and to excel, to some extent.
I'm looking for some advice so I can complete a quantitative form for the company I work for.
In short, what needs to happen is: I enter a few key products into a certain cell that actually subtract the calculated measurement instead of adding the extra 30mm I need.

Insight: I am creating a tint film calculator that works out the square meterage. That's the easy part. With most products we add an extra 30mm 'bleed' but there are some tint products that need to be cut to a -6mm bleed to allow for expansion.

Where I'm struggling: I need an easy, 'back end' solution that adds 30mm to all film dimensions, except for the certain films that require the negative bleed.

I get the impression this is going to be an easy fix, but my experiments have taken a little while and I hope someone with a little more knowledge on how to make text in a cell become recognised or converted into quantifiable data to I can create a formula that recognises the presence of the product in question and alters the cut dimensions correctly.

This has been so difficult to convey in Google and need a friendly human's advice.

Thank you so much in advance for any help you offer!
1605157271771.png

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joaquim_Baptista

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back