Text Search to highlight cells using Conditional formatting working randomly

mikiel111

Office Version
  1. 365
It`s not the first time I get issues with conditional formatting and I need to recreate the rule each time, I am getting fed up of dealing with it.
Basically I type whatever in cell B1 (top left) and any row with the word in one of the cells is highlighted.

My formatting rule type is 'Use a formula to determine which cells to format',
the rule applies to all my data plus some extra empty rows
VBA Code:
=$A$3:$BB$529

and I`m formating values where this formula is true
VBA Code:
=IF(ISBLANK($B$1),0, SEARCH($B$1,$A3&$B3&$C3&$D3&$E3&$F3&$G3&$H3&$I3&$J3&$K3&$L3&$M3&$N3&$O3&$P3&$Q3&$R3&$S3&$T3&$U3&$AQ3&$AR3&$AS3&$AT3&$AV3&$V3&$X3))

This sheet is full of issues like this. Why arent all my cells highlighting? They should ALL be highlighting. Not just some randomly. This is so frustrating as this particular functionality breaks so often.
Interesting to note I have a back up excel file from where I am literally copy-pasting the formulas which are working flawlessly in the backup file. Ever since i recorded a couple of macros and assigned them to icons on this sheet I got these weird issues, coincidence? I have already noted this before that ever since the addition of macros i`ve been getting harder to solve problems. The other working excel file has zero macros (though it`s .xlsm) please note.

Untitled.png

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
Fixed.
It was not highlighting cells with #DIV/0! error

Handled with IFERROR([formula i used], "[word i used to replace #div/0!]"). It was then able to highlight the replacement word.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back