Dave01

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2019
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

this has been covered a few times and around the net, but each one I try just doesnt seem to work, VB causes error, formulas in cell A1 just produces the first entry.

I have a screenshot, I need to extract the highlighted values into a column, but the text is so messy, I just cant get anything useful out of it.

Please could someone take a look.

thanks

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 17

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
I have done data mining off of reports like this before, and I often used what the rows started with.
So I think it would be helpful to see what is the whole string looks like (so see columns A, B, and C also).
Can you post that? Just be certain to remove or dummy up any personal or sensitive information first.

Also, it would be helpful if you could use the tool listed below. This allows us to copy your data, which because of all the spaces, is important. We have no way of knowing how many spaces there are in between words without having access to something like that.

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in

Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.

Upvote 0
Hi,

One of my Pet hates is text to columns especially when it comes to SAP standard screens. Thanks for your quick reply, what I decided to do in the end was to do a report layout designer, and totally redesign a new layout using tables. the standard sap report only has a text to columns wheras a query you can put into Excel and import.

The test facility looks really good, Im going to check that out. Again, thanks for your help, I scrapped my original idea of text to columns.

Upvote 0
I am glad you figured out a solution.

BTW, Text-to-Columns is not your issue - it is a great tool that I use all the time. It is the design of the report itself.
Trying to turn printed reports into usable data has always been a pain (as that is not reports were meant to be used for).

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back