Textbox Exit Event is not being triggered by Enter/Tab

dreid1011

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Good afternoon,

I have a userform with multiple tabs in a multipage object. I completed the project, and all was working as intended. On each tab, there are multiple textboxes that feed into corresponding listboxes via the textbox exit event. Since completing the project, I decided to add two additional tabs to the multipage object without adding all the textboxes for those tabs, and then found out from a coworker that the textboxes on one of the original tabs were no longer responding to Enter/Tab to trigger the exit event. Since then, I have removed the two new tabs and thought that it had fixed the issue. Now, the same coworker is still having the same issue. At one time I had experienced this issue on my machine before removing the new tabs, but since removing them, I cannot replicate the bad behavior.

Does anyone have any insight as to why the textbox exit event would not be responding to the Enter or Tab keys? Possible hardware issue? Manually clicking into another textbox will trigger the event as intended.

If code is required, let me know. There are multiple subs for this userform being that there are 5 tabs with many textboxes.

Any help is much appreciated.

Please and thank you.

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
Ok, so it seems from time to time, the events will trigger as intended on my machine? Or at least it would in the beginning. Now it behaves the same on all machines where the Enter/Tab keys do not trigger the Exit event of the textbox. Still seeking assistance.

Upvote 0
Since the problems began shortly after adding the new multipage tabs but not adjusting the code to account for them, I decided to recreate them and complete the code. For the moment, testing shows all is working as intended. But it's been "working as intended" on my machine most of the time anyway while not working properly on other user's machines.

Any input as to why this might have happened would still be appreciated. Then I might avoid similar issues in the future.

Upvote 0
I am quite surprised that no one seems to have any input on this. Anyway, for now I will consider this problem solved.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cancansova

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back