TEXTJOIN with FILTER function

ThatOneDude

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I am using the Filter function on a specific range. It finds two results. I then want to use Textjoin to input both results into one cell. However, sometimes one of the results is a blank cell. In this case, I actually want to see the blanks but I want it to return a value of "Blank" or "Missing" or something like that because I need to know that there is data missing in my database.

Is there some way to control how it displays the blanks?

Example:
=TEXTJOIN(CHAR(10),FALSE, UNIQUE(FILTER(Oracle!$L$1:$L$30000, (ISNUMBER(SEARCH($D3, Oracle!$K$1:$K$30000))))))

Everything is working just fine except for this part. The FILTER results are {"";"44V50F"} in this case. With the FALSE in the TEXTJOIN function, it will display the empty line and the "44V50F" in the line below it but I want the blank to actually say "Blank" so I know there is data missing. I've tried SUBSTITUTE to replace the blank with text and IF statements to correct this but I'm at a loss.

Is this even possible?

Can I make these results display in the cell like:
Blank
44V50F

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
Hi & welcome to MrExcel.
How about
Excel Formula:
=LET(f,UNIQUE(FILTER(Oracle!$L$1:$L$30000, (ISNUMBER(SEARCH($D3, Oracle!$K$1:$K$30000))))),TEXTJOIN(CHAR(10),FALSE, IF(f="","Blank",f)))

Upvote 0
Solution
Wow, thank you so much! Two days of wracking my brains and it only took a few minutes to get the answer. I'm not familiar with the LET function so I'll need to check that out. Thank you!

Upvote 0
Glad to help & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelknuckles

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back