Thanks and a fond farewell

njimack

For the last 3 years or so, I've frequented this Board as much as possible learning as much as I can about Excel, and answering questions where possible. As a result of my newly-acquired Excel expertise, I've benefited from promotions and pay rises, to the point where my current employer created a role specifically for me, looking at ways of automating manual tasks and re-designing spreadsheets. Yet 3 years ago, my Excel knowledge only went as far as basic formulae such as VLOOKUP, SUMIF, etc. and occasionally recording a macro and then tweaking it slightly.

I'm leaving my current employer on Friday to start working for a much larger organisation, in a more senior role. This career progression owes as much to the knowledge I've gained on this board as my qualifications and experience. I'd like to think I'll still be able to visit this Board, but I suspect my new position will be much more demanding, and my only excuse for visiting MrExcel will be when I need to pick someone's brain!

So I'd just like to go on record as saying thanks to everyone who's taken the time to reply to questions I've posted or to explain stuff I didn't understand. In many cases, you won't even be aware that you've helped me, as I may have just observed a thread you participated in. The collective knowledge on this board and willingness to help is truly amazing!

Cheers

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
Hi Neil

It isn't so easy to give up the Board when you've been bitten by the "answering questions bug" - believe me, I know! I have certainly appreciated your growing skill over the years - there have been many threads where you've beaten me to the punch with the same or a superior solution to mine. if you truly don't get the chance to post in your new role, then you will definitely be a sad loss to the Board.

All the best for the future!

Cheers Richard,

That certainly means something coming from someone with 12,000+ posts, who's helped me out on many an occasion.

I'm sure it won't be easy weaning myself away from the Board. No doubt I'll end up working late just so I can get my MrExcel fix, or posting from home in the evenings (how sad is that!)

I changed jobs at the beginning of the year. I don't get so much opportunity to post as I once did, but there's no way I'd give it up forever. If I get a spare 5 minutes, I'll always log in to see what's going on!!

Er, yeah that's really sad ... and definitely not something I would ever do. Ahem...

Posting from home Richard? Surely not! I can't imagine anyone EVER doing that.......

All the very best for your new role, Neil. You prosper because you work hard and with sincerity. You cannot just grow only by learning Excel !

God Bless you :)

Lewiy, I am just seeing that you have a number of posts on this Board, which currently reads as 3456 (...3,4,5,6...) :biggrin:

Lewiy, I am just seeing that you have a number of posts on this Board, which currently reads as 3456 (...3,4,5,6...) :biggrin:

So I have....how random!!! Of course, it would be different if Lounge posts still counted!! :mad:

You might think you're leaving never to be heard of again but you'll be back. Maybe only once every full moon, but you'll be back!!!

Woo ha ha ha ha :devilish:

Dom

PS Best of luck, you won't need it I'm sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THMarana

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back