The minutes just don't add up.

ksmyth

Hi. I'm trying to make minutes add in a spreadsheet to compute minutes in a meeting, but the result is coming up as #VALUE!. The formula I have in the cell is: =C10+TIME(0,E10,0), where C10 is equal to B7 (the start time of the meeting), and E10 is equal to G10/24/60 where G10 is just a general cell so my people can put in the number of minutes they think a certain task will take, without having to worry about trying to do the math. So, when I enter 25 into G10, the result in E10 is 0:25. This looks correct.

When I "Evaluate" the formula, it tells me that E10 contains a constant, and that the next evaluation will result in error. When I step into the evaluation, the agenda shows me the math that results in 25 minutes, but then the Agenda reads Agenda!$D$10="1:00PM"+TIME(0,0.01736111111111111,0). The next step reads Agenda!$D$10="1:00PM"+0, and tells me the next evaliation will result in an error.

I'm not sure what is wrong with this (obviously!), so any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
K

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterhess2002

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back