The new STOCKHISTORY function in excel problem with end of mounth date

GerryZ

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello Excel's friends
Sorry for my english i'm from Italy
I'm learning the new STOCKHISTORY function in excel and in current date 11/09/2020 is only available in BETA version,only in office 365 (office insider), if anyone of you has got the change to help I need to know if in the 4th argument of this function "interval" where i can choose "mounth" from the dropdown menu "daily", "weekly" or "mouth" it retrives me only the first day of mounth but Ineed the last day of mounth
Thank you for your help!

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
Ciao, Gerry. Apparently the function is programmed to report the first day of the month when you chose Month as the interval argument.

Perhaps Microsoft will change it before the function is finalised, but I doubt it.

Upvote 0
Thank you DRSteele, thats what i thougt
Thank You
Topic Solved

Upvote 0
Hi @GerryZ, just interested as you are on the Insider program have you given MS feedback that the STOCKHISTORY function isn't doing what you would like it to do?

Upvote 0
Hi Mark
Not yet but I will give my feedback as soon as possible, this wonderful function needs to be fixed..
Thank for your answer

Upvote 0
I provided feedback to MS. I indicated there should be more options in the INTERVAL argument for month end, week end, daily, week begin and month begin, like -2, -1, 0, 1, 2

Upvote 0
Immagine 2020-09-13 140808.png
Immagine 2020-09-13 140808.png

Upvote 0
this is my feedback to Microsoft:
In the STOCK HISTORY function in the "interval" argument # 2 which refers to the month, it returns the date of the first day of the month instead of the date of the last day of the month, among other things the prices you see (compared with Yahoo finance ) are correct i.e. they return the end of the month, so you have to make sure to correct the wrong dates on the first day of the month and correct the last day of the month
greatings
GerryZ

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spamiki

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back